Posted by: blueangel | September 27, 2010
F1 to F12 Function Keys
Commonly known functions keys that are twelve in all have variety of different uses but usability of these keys depends on operating system installed in your system. These function keys are used to perform different tasks if pressed individually or with combination of other keys like Microsoft Windows Users can press Alt + F4 to close system or ant program currently active. Here is a short list of some of common functions of these keys:
- Almost used as a Help Key and opens help screen when this key is presses.
- Windows Key + F1 is used to open Microsoft Windows help and support center
- Also used to open the Task Page.
- This function Key is usually used to “Rename” the highlighted icon in Windows commonly.
- Alt + Ctrl + F2 will open new document in Microsoft Word.
- Ctrl + F2 is used to display print preview window in MS Word.
- It usually opens Search bar in many programs including Microsoft Windows
- When Pressed Shift + F3, it will change the text in Microsoft Word from upper to lower case or capital letter at beginning of every word.
- To open Find Window.
- It also repeats the last action performed.
- Alt + F4 are used to close program in Microsoft Windows.
- Ctrl + F4 is used to close the open window within the current active window in MS Windows.
- F5 is pressed to refresh or reload page or document window.
- It also starts slideshow in Power Point.
- To open find, replace and go to window in MS Word.
- It is used to move the cursor to address bar in Internet Explorer and Mozila Firefox.
- Use combination of Ctrl, Shift and F6 to move to another opened MS Word Document.
- Used for spell check feature and grammar check in a document in MS program like MS Word or Outlook etc.
- Shift + F7 are pressed together to run a Thesaurus check on the word highlighted.
- It also turns on Caret browsing in Mozila Firefox.
- It is used to enter Windows Startup menu to get into Windows safe mode.
- It opens measurement toolbar in Quark 5.0.
- In Microsoft windows, it is used to activate menu bar of an open application.
- Shift and F10 are same as right-click on a selected icon, file or internet link.
- Full-screen in all internet browsers.
- It opens Save As windows in MS Word.
- Shift + F12 is used to save the MS Word document.
- Ctrl + Shift + F12 is used to print a document in MS Word.
Posted in Computer, Secret Tricks, Tutorials | Tags: Best Computer Tips, Best Computer Tips & Tricks, Best Tips, Best Tips & Tricks, Best Tutorial, Best Tutorials, computer function keys, Computer Guide, Computer Tips, Computer Tips & Tricks, Expert Tips, F1 to F12 Function Keys, Function Keys, Ideas, Ideas & Tricks, keyboard function keys, Keyboard Shortcuts, keys, List of Uses of Function Keys, Secret Computer Tips, Secret Tips, Shortkeys, Tips, Tips & Ideas, Tips & Tricks, Tutorial, Tutorials, Useful Ideas, Useful Ideas & Tricks, Useful Tips, Useful Tips & Tricks, Useful Tutorial, Uses of Functions Keys, using function keys, What are the Uses of Function Keys