Disk clean up is necessary to make some space free on your hard disk. It speeds up your computer and improves the performance and functionality of your system. It helps to maintain your computer efficiency and prevents you bothering while you work.
You can perform disk clean up performing the following steps:
- Remove your windows Temporary Files.
- Remove your Internet Temporary Files.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Remove all the downloaded program files.
- Uninstall the software/applications that you don’t need anymore.
- Remove the unnecessary data from your hard drive.
- Remove all shadow copies from system restore.
- Keep the larger files in zip format to reduce the space they take.
- Remove the desktop shortcuts which are not necessary. More icons on the desktop make the speed slower.