Here I am going to mention a trick for parents who complaint that their children spend too much time on internet with games and other activities instead of studies. They may be looking for the ways how to block specific sites making their children unauthorized to see those sites. This tip is also equally helpful for me. You know how? My brother is crazy to visit horror and scary video links and he pothers me by sharing those with me. Using this trick I can block those sites on my computer.
It is easy to block/allow specific site(s) without using any software if you follow these simple steps.
To block a site:
- Click Start menu button -> Settings -> Control Panel.
- Choose Network and Internet Options -> Internet Options.
- Internet Properties windows appears, select Privacy tab.
- Click Sites button and it will display Per Site Privacy Action window.
- Type the link of site you want to block in the Address of Web site text box.
- Click Block button. It will set the site URL Always Block.
- Click Ok button and restart computer.
To allow a site:
- Follow the steps 1 to 5 mentioned above.
- Select the link from the Managed Web sites list and click Remove. (If you want to allow all blocked sites, click Remove All).
- You can also do it by typing the site URL in Address of Web site text box and click the Allow button. It will set the site on Always Allow. Then repeat step 7.
Don’t forget to restart your computer to make the settings effective. Otherwise it may not be applied properly on your computer.