During work, when you suddenly get struck with some mouse issue and it drops working, you can use mouse features right from your keyboard to continue and complete your task. It is as easy and simple as you perform with your real mouse. It makes your performance convenient and enhances your computer skill.
To enable the mouse features on your keyboard, follow these steps:
- Press Alt + Shift + NumLock keys all together. It will display MouseKeys dialogue box.
- If you want to keep the mouse keys on, click OK button.
- If you want to terminate the mouse keys, click Cancel button.
- If you want to change or adjust the settings, click on Settings button.
- Here you will see another dialogue box Settings for MouseKeys where you can set the mouse cursor options such as pointer speed, acceleration, shortcuts and some other features. Make required settings and click OK button.
Now the numeric keypad keys and other keys will work like your normal mouse.
- Numeric keys 1,2,3,4,6,7,8 and 9 will work like a pointer to move the cursor in different directions.
- Key 5 is used to click.
- + sign is used to make double click.
- Insert key is used to hold down mouse key. It is just like you drag with mouse.
- Turning the NumLock on or off will enable and disable the MouseKeys feature.
You must be logged in with Administrator profile and rights to activate this feature. You can activate this feature using any Windows version.