A wide range of account on internet demands username and password to register. Websites may range from social networking to online banking all require username and password. This username or password is necessary to access personal profile and account information. Many people want to change their password for security purposes and it can be done through “Account Settings” pages that are available within the account pages.
Follow the set of instructions given below if you also want to change the password of your account:
- Go to the website with which you have an account and want to change the password.
- Log in to your account with your old username or password and let the account information load on the screen.
- Search the icon that will show the options including “Account Settings”, “Settings”, “Preferences” and click. Wording may be different from others.
- Enter the option where you will get another option to change the password. Click that link or option.
- Follow the prompts and give answers. Usually you will be asked to give your user name or password or some other questions.
- Enter the old password in the right place.
- Create a new password and enter it in the New Password text box. You will be asked to reenter the new password in the other text box.
- In the last, you need to click the option any of these including “Save Changes”, “Save”, “Confirm”, “Continue” etc. This option will also vary in different websites.
It is advised to all online account holders to change their username or passwords to reduce the risk of forgetting or hacking.