Through Facebook chat, you send instant messages to your online contacts on Facebook list. I guess you may also find it annoying to see the chat bar in the very bottom of the page like me. Secondly, when you leave the page to work o some other application online, you do not get any update or alerts for new instant messages. For the solution to this problem, you can add the Facebook chat box on the side bar of Firefox while you are working with other applications.
Follow these steps:
- Click on the Bookmarks tab and look for the Organize Bookmarks option.
- It will open the Bookmark Manager window. Click on the New Bookmark tab.
- Enter the data in the text boxes as Facebook Chat in Name and http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php in Location text box.
- Check the box Load this bookmark in the sidebar and click OK button.
You have successfully added the Facebook Chat in the bookmarks list. Now to open the chat in sidebar:
5. Click on the View tab and look for Sidebar -> Bookmarks.
It will open the Facebook Chat in the sidebar of Firefox window. You can directly start chatting with friends within Firefox while working with other online applications.