Password is a key of your account that can be hacked by hackers. It is extremely important to keep your password confidential and safe to prevent your personal and important information from hacking. All people are advised to change their account password over time to prevent personal and business details. You need to change your password for several reasons that may include:
- If the present password is weak
- If your account is hacked
- In case if password has been leaked
Here is a collection of tips to set a new password for your hotmail account:
- Log in at your account and go to Settings (Options) Section.
- Click the link “View and edit your personal information” under the Manage Your Account Heading.
- Now click on Change Link besides the Password under the Password Reset Information heading.
- Now you can assign new password to your Hotmail Account and will be asked to fill three form fields which will include include old password and new password two times.
- Make a complex password but it should be easy for you to recall it.
- Follow the terms of password strength guide.
- It is good to change Hotmail Password after 72 days to prevent hacking.