Windows 7 is featured to automatically save all recent searched done by users. Some people are annoyed by this feature as last three searches become visible under search box. You may not want your searching history to be shared by others. Here are some tips that will make it possible for you to disable search history display in windows 7. It is not possible to disable search history display in Windows 7 Home edition. It is usable when you utilize group policy editor to achieve this. Follow these tips to prevent sharing your search history with others:
- Enter gpedit.msc in search box of Start Menu and press enter. You will see a local group policy editor opened.
- Scroll down to user configuration\ administrative templates\ windows components\ windows explorer.
- Double click on Turn off display of recent search entries in Windows Explorer search box on right side of dialog box.
- Select enabled and click on Apply button.
- Click on Ok button.
- Close out the group policy editor.
- Now your search history as you will start typing into search box.