Here are some easy tips that will help you to quickly find you lost file on your computer. You should try to find your file with its file extensions for instance to find a word file you should type “doc”, for excel file type “xls”, for acrobat file type “pdf”, for power point file type “ppt” and exe for executable files. You can also find your lost file even if you don’t remember its name but you know the string of text it contains then start searching files containing that specific string of text. This is time taking process but it created very precise results.
In “Look” click the drive name, folder or network you want to search. Always select specified drive to save time instead of selecting whole computer.
Click start button, point to search and click for files or folders. Now you will see a search result dialog box appeared. To search file or folder named, type name of that specific file or folder you want to find in containing text.
Click one or more of these options to narrow your search:
- Select date to look for files or folders that were created or modified on or between these dates.
- Select type to search specific type of file for instance text or WordPad document.
- Select size to search files of specific size.
- Select advanced search option to specify search criteria.
- Click search at the end and see results.