Have you deleted or changed windows default icons? Windows default icons include My Computer, Internet Explorer, My Documents, My Network Places and Recycle Bin. You can restore these default icons very easily following the tips shared below. These tips will recover My Computer, Internet Explorer, My Documents, My Network Places but Recycle Bin will be recovered with some other trick. Follow the tips shared below:
- Click on the Start Button and open Run dialog box and type “Control desk.cpl,,@Web” for opening windows Desktop Items dialog box.
- You can copy the command written above and paste in the Run dialog box.
- Desktop Items dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Go under the General Tab and select all checkboxes in Desktop Icons area or do a click on Restore Default button to restore all windows default icons except Recycle Bin.
- Once you have done all, press Ok to close the entire dialog box.
If you don’t want to use this command you can restore windows default icons following the tips shared below:
- Right click on your desktop and go in Properties option.
- Display Properties dialog box will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Desktop tab next to themes and click on Customize Desktop.
- Desktop Items dialog box will appear on screen now.
- Click on the General tab.
- Check the Desktop Icons and click on Restore Default button.
- At the end, click on Ok button to save changes.