Today I am going to share very interesting tricks for PC users who use computers in homes or offices. Using these tips, you will be able to restrict user’s access to shutdown their computer. This way you will hide the shutdown button from the start menu using registry editor as well as restrict access to shutdown even if user hits shortcut key to shutdown the computer as “Alt+Cntrl+Del”. Follow the tips shared below:
- Log in to your computer with administrative rights
- Now click on Start button and type regedit in Run menu then press Enter to move to next step.
- Here locate the location as: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion \Policies\Explorer
- Right click to make a new DWORD value with name NoClose in right side panel and give number 1 to its value data box.
- Now close the registry editor and restart your PC to see the effects of changes you made.
- But next time, if you want to relocate the shutdown button then you will simply need to change the value data box to 0 or simply delete this DWORD item.
- Again close the registry editor and restart your PC after making all these changes.