Cloning a CD is a best option to back up the entire things on the CD. When you copy files from the CD, you see it doesn’t copy all CD settings for instance CD labels or other things but when you clone a CD, you get all information including CD label, CD type etc copied on your system. It is most beneficial if you copy bootable CD which has configured settings so that computers can boot from it. Cloning a CD will become easy for you by following the tips shared below:
- First of all you need to download Daemon Tool and install it.
- Once you have done it, click on the Disk imaging icon.
- Now you will see a configuration dialog box where you will be asked to specify from where does the Daemon Tool clone the CD, where to save the Clone and whether to apply password for its protection or not.
- From the device dropdown menu, select your source CD drive for instance F:\ and set the reading speed as slow as possible. Because too fast speed can corrupt your destination image file. In the destination image file, select the file where you want to save your clone CD and choose the ISO format. ISO format can be burned with any CD burner software, so better if you select it.
- After making all settings mentioned above, click on start and hence the cloning process will get started.