Here is a collection of effective tips that will help you to increase security of your wireless internet connection:
Enable Option of System Security Encryption
- Eery wireless internet connection has a feature of enabling encryption so you should enable this option for security purposes.
- You are advised to choose WPA instead of WEP because it is exposed to online hacking software that usually breaks down your network password within few seconds that can allow unauthorized access.
Turn Off Network Identifier Broadcasting
- Make sure to turn off your Network identifier that is also known as Service Set Identifier (SSID).
- Once you switch off SSID, your network will autmatically stop sending signal to internet in general and thus it will stay in hide mode. This will help you to browse conveniently without interference of anybody and your connection’s ability will not be affected.
Make Use of AntiSpyware and Firewall Software Regularly
- When you will use a good and updated Antivirus and Antispyware installed on your computer, your system will be automitaclly protected from virus attacks.
- Make sure to keep on updating your antivirus on regular basis for better results.
Make Sure to Use Strong Password
- Dont make a mistake to use password of fewer digits. Make a complex combination of numbers, alphabets and other symbols that will be harder to guess and hack.
Position Your Router to Lessen Signals Strength
- Your router positioning can affect strength of signals of your connection. Position it in a way that it is not closer to your window.