Today’s collection of tips is to help you out in deleting the files and folders that are being used by other programs and applications for instance, a file infected by virus. When you click delete button to delete such files and folders then you may receive any of the messages written below:
Errors Deleting File or Folder
- Cannot Delete the File: the file is used by the other program
- Cannot Delete the File: There has been a sharing violation
- Cannot Delete the File: The file is in use by another program or user
- Cannot Delete the File: Disk in not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use
- Cannot Delete the File: The source or destination file may be in use
Normally, a windows restart will allow you to delete such files or folders that are being used by other programs or any other reasons mentioned above, then you can manage it without restart your computer, you just need to download a freeware tool called Unlocker.
If your requested file or folder is used of locked by other application then a small window listing lockers will be shown where you will simply need to click on “Unlock All” button and then you will be able to delete any file or folder easily.