Built-in support has been provided by Microsoft to deal with corrupted files in Excel. Today we will discuss how we can make it possible. Here is a set of simple steps which you can follow to recover corrupted files in Excel:
- After clicking on “Start” button, go to “Programs” and click “Microsoft Excel”.
- Go to “File” menu and click on “Open” in order to open corrupted file.
- Again go to “File” menu and choose “Save As” option so that file can be saved as type “SYLK”.
- To continue, click on “Save” button.
- If you want to recover multiple sheets, save each sheet separately as type SYLK.
- When you receive the message “Book2.slk may contain features that are not compatible with SYLK (Symbolic Link). Do you want to keep the workbook in this format?” click on “Yes” button.
- After closing all opened Excel files, go to “File” menu and click on “Open” to open “.slk” type file which you saved in previous step.
- Again go to “File” menu and click on “Save As” to save file as type “MS Excel Workbook”. To finish the process, click on “Save” button.