If you want to change Start button settings i.e add items to Start button, you can follow the given steps:
- After clicking on “Start” button, type “Regedit” in “Run” option.
- Go to the left hand panel in Registry Editor and find HKey_Classes_Root / Directory / Shell
- Right click on Shell folder option and add any new key with its descriptive name.
- Now press “Enter”.
- After right clicking on that key, give full path of that program which you want to add in Start button. For example, if you wish to add MS Word, full path will be C:\program file\msoffice\msword.EXE.
- Close all opened programs and after this, check changes you have made in Start button of your computer.