You hear sounds and beeps while working with your computer’s different applications. These sounds are heard when the following happens:
- To inform you when a given task is completed, for instance, a file has copied/cut to another location.
- You switch between different menus/applications.
- You close or open an application.
- An error message is generated.
- Alert/warn you about different windows messages.
Such sounds disturb you when you are enjoying your favorite music with headphone in high volume or when somebody is taking sleep while you are working on computer with high volume. The easy solution to this issue is to turn off the beep sounds and alert sounds of your computer. It does not affect the other sound setting at all.
To turn off the system beeps, follow these steps:
- Click on Start menu button and click Run.
- Type regedit in Run window text box and click Ok button.
- Registry Editor wizard appears. Navigate through HKEY_CURRENT_USER to Control Panel and then Sounds. It displays the available setting values for sound.
- Double click Beep entry.
- Edit String window appears. Edit the Value data: box by typing No.
- Click Ok button, close the wizard and reboot the computer.
*Note: Making the desired settings through Registry Editor is easy though, but it may be dangerous in a way. If you edit the wrong entries in setting, it harms the other related settings of your system and Windows.