Using the feature of text boxes in MS Word 2007 is not a difficult task. You can add and manage text boxes in your document with the help of this feature. At the same time, you can also format text boxes with borders and shadings using different tools and features of MS Word 2007. If you want to add text boxes in MS Word 2007 and wish to format them then follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, click on Insert tab and then choose Text Box option.
- There are two methods which you can follow to add text boxes in MS Word 2007. You can either choose the option of drawing your own text box or you can select from formats in a scroll down list. Look the following image to understand what I have written. You will just have to select and then click on text box in the list.
- You can also see the option of Draw Text Box at bottom so click on it if you want to add your own text box.
- Click and then drag the mouse to the place where you wish to add text box. By using the technique of clicking and dragging, you can also change the size of text box.
- After that, you will format the text box from Format tab. This option will appear after you will draw the text box.
- You will also be able to select style of text box like you can add shadows, 3-D effects, change the size of text box and arrange it from tool bar.
- From the scroll down list, you can also add a color.
- You can change the shape of text box by clicking on following button and then select desired shape from the list. Even the border of the text box can also be changed.
- Right click on the border of text box and select Format Text Box option to further format text box.
- You will see the following dialog box. To control the advanced settings of your text box, you can choose different tabs. After finished your settings, click OK button.
To augment a certain part of a document, you can add text boxes to your business or educational document. They are also very useful if you want to highlight text in document for presentations.